Adult Inpatient & Outpatient Behavioral Health Programs at Jordan Valley
One out of every four individuals is affected by a mental health issue including but not limited to depression, anxiety, trauma, and substance use. At Jordan Valley Medical Center and West Valley Campus, our caring behavioral health team, made up of Psychiatrists, Psychiatric Nurse Practitioners, Therapists, Crisis Workers, Recreational Therapists, Nurses and CNAs, not only understands the challenges of living with mental health issues, but can provide answers and solutions.
With both inpatient and outpatient mental health services, we offer a broad range of psychiatric expertise to meet each patient’s unique needs.
Inpatient Behavioral Health Services provides treatment to those 18 years of age and older who are in need of inpatient psychiatric care. Inpatient psychiatry is for individuals who are actively suicidal, homicidal, engaging in self-harming behaviors, experiencing psychosis, experiencing intense distress/crisis, and their day-to-day function is deteriorating to the point that they cannot perform activities of daily living. We work together as a multi-disciplinary team using evidence based practices to help the patient understand and to cope with the source(s) of distress and guide them through the process to help them achieve their highest level of mental, physical, social and spiritual well-being. An individualized care plan is established to assist the patient in meeting jis/her healthy goals. We provide medication management, individual therapy, family sessions, recreational therapy, group therapy, and case management. Our group therapy consists of psycho-educational groups, medication management groups, psychosocial groups, skills groups, and art therapy to provide the patient with healthy coping skills to help regulate his/her mood and behaviors.
Outpatient Behavioral Health Services provides treatment to those 18 years of age and older. We provide medication management, individual therapy, family therapy, and group therapy. We work together as a multi-disciplinary team using evidence based practices to help the patient understand and to cope with the source(s) of distress and guide them through the process. We provide an individualized care plan that is tailored to the patient to help him/her achieve the highest level of mental, physical, social, and spiritual well-being. We also work with the local mental health community/authorities to provide additional support and resources for our patients.
- Aetna (Only if patient has out of network benefits)
- DMBA- Deseret Choice
- DMBA- Deseret Protect
- DMBA- Deseret Secure
- DMBA- Deseret Value
- Health Choice- Utah
- Health Utah
- Medicaid/Optum (Salt Lake County/Optum): Only at Jordan West Campus
- MHnet (Altius)
- Tricare — Zoe Robbins, APRN
- Tricare — Isaac Alfaro, APRN
- United Behavioral Health (Optum)(United Healthcare)
- University of Utah Health Plans
- Wise- Summit Plan(PEHP)
*Some insurance plans do not include mental health on the plans.
*Some insurance plans through businesses have different coverages with providers.
- Chronic Pain
- Cognitive Changes
- Suicidal or Homicidal Feelings
- Mood Disorders
- Psychiatric assessment and treatment
- Management and treatment of medical conditions
- Medication management.
- Individual and family therapy
- Dialectical Behavioral Therapy skills group therapy
- Dietary consultation
- Recovery Maintenance Group
- Case Management
- Recreational therapy assessment and treatment.
- Psychotherapy (individual, family and group)
- Education for patients and families regarding diagnosis, treatment options and medications
- Social work assistance with discharge planning
- Therapeutic Yoga for mind and body
- Conquering postpartum groups
- Redefine your identity and life with cancer groups