Trusted Breast Care Treatments & Exams at Jordan Valley - West Campus
The risk of breast cancer increases sharply with age. You can increase your chances for early detection of breast cancer by adhering to “the five commandments” of good breast health:
- Perform a breast self-exam every month.
- Have a clinical breast exam conducted by a healthcare professional every year.
- If warning signs appear, such as pain, a lump you can feel, or nipple discharge, see your doctor immediately.
- Talk with your doctor about ways to reduce your risk.
- Set a schedule of regular, yearly mammograms. Most doctors recommend that you begin having yearly mammograms at age 40.
A mammogram is a safe, low-dose X-ray that can detect irregularities in the breast, sometimes even before you or your doctor can feel a lump. At Jordan Valley Medical Center – West Valley Campus, our digital mammography systems offer the best opportunity for early diagnosis of breast cancer. This sophisticated imaging technology enables doctors to view high quality breast images on a computer screen, and magnify and enhance any areas of concern for more accurate readings. Our advanced mammography systems are also designed to improve your comfort while shortening your exam time.