Update on COVID-19 (coronavirus) and Jordan Valley Medical Center - West Valley Campus Readiness
The safety of our patients, visitors and staff is always our highest priority at Jordan Valley Medical Center.
We continue to monitor the local, national and global situation regarding coronavirus (COVID-19). We are in close communication with the Utah Department of Health (UDOH), Salt Lake County Health Department (SLHD), and the Center for Disease and Control (CDC), and with other health care partners.
Jordan Valley Medical Center - West Valley Campus has activated our readiness protocols to ensure we are prepared to continue safely caring for the community in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak. Our medical staff includes trained personnel experienced in routinely caring for patients with respiratory illness and infectious diseases, and we are committed to continuing to safely care for our community.
Our hospital and outpatient services are open. If you have a scheduled appointment, surgery or treatment and you are healthy, please plan to come in at your scheduled time.
Our Emergency Department is open and accepting patients.
Hospital access will be temporarily limited to the Emergency Entrance. Additionally:
• All visitors must be screened by a member of hospital staff prior to entering the hospital.
• Visitors who have been exposed to COVID-19 will not be allowed to visit and may be referred to the Emergency Department.
• Children under the age of 18 are strongly discouraged from visiting.
• Only two visitors at a time will be allowed.
• Visitation to the ICU and NICU will be limited to immediate family only. We also strongly encourage the use of online communication tools, for example FaceTime or Skype, as an alternative to coming into the hospital.
For More Information
Recent updates can be viewed by visiting the Utah Department of Health website or the Center for Disease and Control (CDC) Prevention website on Coronavirus. The Utah Coronavirus Information Line is available for questions about COVID-19 and can be reached by dialing 1-800-456-7707.
Thank you for your understanding as we continue to provide our patients and this community excellent, safe and compassionate care. We will continue to keep you informed.