In this Breastfeeding class you will:
- Learn about the anatomy and physiology of breastmilk production
- Learn and practice proper positioning and latch-on
- Learn how often a typical newborn will nurse
- Learn strategies to use if problems arise and when to seek help
- Discuss strategies for working and breastfeeding
While breastfeeding is best for you and your baby, it isn’t necessarily easy. Some moms and babies quickly achieve a proper latch, while others need a little extra help to get there. The natural aspects of breastfeeding are the baby’s innate suck mechanism and need for sustenance and your body’s production of milk. Proper positioning and latch-on are essential for successful nursing. Learning prenatally how your body produces milk, and practicing proper nursing techniques, are the first steps to successfully learning how to breastfeed your baby.